At Multnomah Family Care Center, we strive to provide personable and convenient health care. The following is a list of policies to which the clinic adheres in order to provide the most efficient service to our patients. Thank you for reading this prior to your initial visit.
1. PRESCRIPTION REFILLS – In order to request a refill, please contact your pharmacy at least 2-3 business days prior to the date you would like to pick up your prescription from the pharmacy. Your pharmacy will contact us, and we will refill the medication as soon as possible within the normal clinic hours. If you have a controlled medication refill that must be picked up in person, please call at least 2 business days prior to needed refill to allow time to print and check use history. Dr. Carr also works at several Urgent Cares and there are occasions where information has been sent by the pharmacy to the wrong clinic. If you get a note back saying that we have refused your refill because you are not a patient in our office, this is likely the reason. Please make sure that they fax it to us at 503-445-4464.
2. CANCELATION POLICY – As a courtesy, if you must cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact the office no less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you do not show for an appointment, you may be assessed a fee of $40. If you fail to keep a scheduled appointment more than twice, you may be asked to seek health care at another facility.
3. LATE ARRIVALS – We value our patients’ time and do our very best to be punctual. Your appointment slot will be forfeited if you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your appointment. Please note that if you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, the time spent with your provider may be limited.
4. TEST RESULTS – You will be notified of normal results within 5-7 business days. This may vary depending on the type of test and the time it takes for the results to reach the clinic. Unless specifically requested by the patient, you will be made aware of the normal results in a mailed letter. Any abnormal results will generally require a clinic follow up, and you will be notified by phone if that is the case.
5. WEEKENDS/ AFTER HOURS – For your convenience, the Multnomah Family Care Center does schedule appointments on Saturdays. You can call with urgent medical needs during the day on Saturday and you will be put through to a receptionist who will communicate directly with our providers. Should you develop an urgent medical need when the office is closed (either on Sunday or outside of regular business hours), please contact the office at (503) 445-4454 and press the button when prompted to indicate your need is urgent. You will be connected with the on-call provider (Dr. Sara Love or Dr. Kirsten Carr). If they do not respond directly, please leave a message with your concerns. They will attempt to return your call within the hour. If they are not able to do so, please attempt to call again. If you are unable to reach one of our providers, or you feel that your medical need is an emergency, please go to your local urgent care or emergency room.
6. EMAILS – For your convenience, we do communicate via email. We try to respond to emails in a timely manner. However, please note that any emails that are received outside of business hours will not be returned until the following business day. Also if the provider is not in the office that day, emails may not be checked. Please do not email any questions or concerns for urgent medical issues outside of clinic hours. Please use the portal for sending messages as this is the only method that is considered secure and HIPAA compliant (meaning a safe way to communicate your private information).